Role: Security Analyst, Technology
Security Operations Analyst
We are seeking candidates for a 24/7 security operations team. Candidates will be responsible for monitoring security tools for potential malicious behaviors and providing incident response and escalation to the incident response team.
- Use SIEM technologies and other native tools to perform the monitoring of security events on a 24×7 basis.
- Perform analysis on logs produced by network devices utilized within the infrastructure such as firewalls, content filtering, syslog from various sources/devices, assorted Intrusion Detection capabilities, substantiating vulnerability scanner results, directory services, DHCP logs, Secure Email Gateway logs, and approved applications.
- Use the SIEM to monitor the network and perform analysis, while integrating the results and information needed to proactively protect the enterprise. This includes developing customized signatures, enterprise content filtering, or firewall ACL change recommendations.
- Provide security events analysis and support to include identifying potential threat, anomalies, and infections, documenting findings, providing recommendations within the incident management system, performing triage of incoming security events, performing preliminary and secondary analysis of those events, and validating the events
- Manage inbound requests via the ticketing system (Service Now), as well as via telephone calls, and provide security notifications via three methods: logging incident tickets, sending emails, and placing telephone calls.
- Provide cybersecurity root-cause analysis in support of any tickets for which it fails to meet the Acceptable Quality Levels (AQLs) specified in the PRS. This root-cause analysis will include documenting recommendations for corrective action.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Cyber Security.
- Bachelor of Science (Masters preferred) in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Cybersecurity, Information Technology or related area.
- Working level knowledge of policies, procedures, and protocols of a government Security Operations Center.
- Experience using numerous security tools and technologies to include some of the following and/or closely comparable security technologies: McAfee Nitro SIEM, McAfee IDS/IPS, Imperva web application firewalls, McAfee Enterprise Antivirus, BlueCoat, Symantec DLP, Mandiant/Fireeye, Guardian MDB Protect, Cisco firewalls, QualysGuard, AppScan.
- Preferred Certifications: Comptia Security+ Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
Antwak Cybersecurity Program: A LIVE Cybersecurity online course where you will learn Cloud Security, Network Security, Cyber Threat Intelligence, Digital Forensics, Incident Management & many more from top professionals and get endorsed by them .
Learn about our AntWak Experiential Program Cybersecurity here