Role: Analyst-Security Ops
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing…
- Perform Application Controls Reviews, Vendor reviews, Event Monitoring, Session Monitoring and other Security reviews to accomplish insider threat management mission/objectives.
- Assess Risk and suggest effective controls to protect Verizon Initiatives/projects (e.g. new infrastructure set-up, remote access for vendor partners etc.,).
- Draw up test procedures for IT controls to assess its effectiveness.
- Identify ways of prevention of issues rather than reactive approach and suggest the same to stakeholders.
- Deliver key projects initiated within the Security operations.
- Support awareness program regarding security measures and also cover the do’s and don’ts as per Verizon security policies and other industry best practices.
- Participate, contribute and take ownership in team meetings and process enhancements.
- Ensure to meet the GCSO mission objectives in terms of goals, KPIs, expectations, etc as set by the Management
- Support the team/process on any additional requirements which might arise depending on business needs/management requisites
- Ensure all deliverables such as reports, emails, workpapers for precision, quality and professionalism.
What we’re looking for…
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or one or more years of work experience.
- Experience initiating and maintaining focus on and movement towards preset objectives.
- Experience achieving quantifiable and measurable results despite obstacles, problems, risks, distractions or pressures.
- Experience collaborating with functions and support teams.
- Experience networking with key stakeholders to ensure project hurdles are highlighted at the right time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Management Information Systems, or equivalent combination.
- Two or more years of relevant work experience.
- Other security certifications like ISO27001, CompTIA Security +, CCNA or any platform certifications.
To prepare for this job, check out tons of free content here
Learn about our AntWak Experiential Program Cybersecurity here