Role: Business Development Executive
Freshworks provides innovative customer engagement software for businesses of all sizes, making it easy for teams to acquire, close, and keep their customers for life. Freshworks SaaS products provide a 360-degree view of the customer, are ready to go, easy to use, and offer a quick return on investment. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Freshworks’s 3,000+ team members work in offices throughout the world. The company counts 40,000+ paying customers in its customer-for-life community around the world including Honda, Bridgestone, Hugo Boss, University of Pennsylvania, Toshiba, Sling TV, and Cisco.
Freshworks has received numerous accolades from analysts and media including the Forbes’ Cloud 100 list, Economic Times Startup of the Year, and in 2019, LinkedIn Top 25 Companies to work for in India. Freshworks is also featured on four Gartner Magic Quadrants.
Freshworks, a SaaS unicorn valued at over $3.5 billion, has had incredible growth surpassing $200 million in the past year and has made targeted acquisitions that add critical capabilities to the portfolio including Natural Language Processing, Chatbots, Machine Learning, Social and Messaging Transformation. Freshworks has raised over $327 million in capital and is funded by Accel, CapitalG, Sequoia Capital, and Tiger Global Management. For more information visit www.freshworks.com.
We are looking to hire smart and passionate folks for our inside sales team. The inside sales team are responsible for engaging with prospects and driving sales in the SMB segment. They understand the needs and requirements and collaborate with internal teams to help ensure a smooth sales process. This role is based out of Chennai.
Responsibilities (What you’ll be expected to do):
– Qualify and prospect inbound leads generated by the lead generation team.
– Be responsible to convert trial prospects to paid customers through enthusiastic customer engagement.
– Own individual targets and work towards generating new revenue.
– Collaborate with other appropriate internal teams and represent the customers to solve their business requirements.
– Work with various internal stakeholders and achieve team targets.
Requirements (What we look for in candidates):
– 1-3 years of work experience in any customer-facing sales role.
– Clear, concise, and effective written and oral communication skills.
– Empathy towards customers and understanding their needs.
– Interest, curiosity, and openness to learning new technologies.
– Good interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with internal stakeholders as well as end customers.
– Learning mindset and the right attitude that will help you thrive and adapt in a fast-paced, performance-driven environment.
– Flexibility in working in different shifts/regions. This is absolutely mandatory because you will be expected to work in a specific shift for a minimum of two years.
Good to have:
– Prior work experience in SaaS product companies in domains relevant to Freshworks’ suite of products.
– The proven track record of consistency in overachieving targets.
To prepare for this job, check out tons of free content here
Learn about our AntWak Experiential Program Integrated Sales & BD here