APAC Network Security Expert
Pune, Maharashtra, India
About the job
Imagine new horizons…
Dassault Systèmes, the 3DEXPERIENCE Company, is a catalyst for human progress. We provide business and people with collaborative virtual environments to imagine sustainable innovations. By creating ‘virtual experience twins’ of the real world with our 3DEXPERIENCE platform and applications, our customers push the boundaries of innovation, learning and production.
Dassault Systèmes SE (French pronunciation[daso sistem]) (abbreviated 3DS) is a French software corporation. It is among Fortune 50 list of the largest software companies that develops software for 3D product design, simulation, manufacturing and more. A Dassault Group subsidiary spun off from Dassault Aviation in 1981, it is headquartered in Vélizy-Villacoublay, France, and has around 20,000 employees in 140 different countries.
Within Asia Pacific, Dassault Systemes is spread across 10 countries namely India, Japan, China, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, Korea, Taiwan and Australia and consitutes of more than 30% 3DS users globally. 3DS IT Team in Asia Pacific is responsible to enable 3DS businesses across APAC with invovative IT Solutions and world class infrastructure. They are also responsbile to manage Production Infrastrucure spread across 3 large Data Centers at Singapore, Japan and Pune. Give power to your passion! Find the job you love at 3DS!
If we challenge the status quo, We can imagine the new horizons to improve the world! #Weare3ds, #3ds.
In the News Forbes Ranks Dassault Systemes #33 in the list of World’s Best Employers
What Will Your Role Be
- Be part of the Asia Pacific Network team and own Firewall/VPN L2/L3 pool tickets for EMEA and APAC regions.
- Participate in all Firewall & VPN Projects and operation at APAC level and contribute significantly.
- Be part of global firewall technology team to plan and implement evolutions in terms of internal and perimter firewalling
- Work closely with a geographically distributed team
The Challenges ahead
Own the firewall/VPN L2/L3 ticket pools for EMEA/APAC region and make sure that defined Pool SLAs are metWork on external & internal firewall tickets by engaging with the ticket owners from different geos to udnerstand their business requirementsWhile doing firewall openings make sure that all defined security policies are followed in terms of security validations and the ports to be whitelistedUnderstand the global IP routing and components involved in it to have a better understanding of firewall openingsUnderstand the global SSL VPN architecture and the failover mechanisms to serve the user vpn tickets in an efficient wayUse the 3DS internal ticketing tool to manage, track, update and close the tickets. Make sure that tickets are updated with all the releavant informations periodically.Patch/Upgrade firewall firmware periodically across APACWork with remote IT teams to install/replace new firewall appliances as and when it’s requiredBe part of the implementation team for any new firewall related projects.Create periodic reports on the firewall logs and see if there is any scope for fine tuning in terms of security policies.Keep monitoring the firewall performances and proactively intimate the management if there is any upgrade/replacement required.Help the automation team with feedback on how to automate the recurring operational tasks and if possible, contribute code in that frontBe part of On call Process across APAC which include being available on phone during the week nights and weekends as per a pre-defined shift roster which will have additional monetary beinifts
Your Key success factors
- B. S / M.S in Computer Science Engineering or a related discipline from premier institutions with good academic track records.
- 2-3 years of hands on experience on corporate firewalling solutions like Checkpoint or Cisco
- Experience in microsegmentation solutions like VMWare NSX-T will be added advantage
- Good understanding of different firewall blades and their functionalities
- An Evangalist in terms of cyber security and its latest happenings around the globe
- Good understanding of SSL VPN technologies
- Basic understanding of Ansible,Python, rest API etc.
- Hands on experience on Pulse Secure VPN gateways is preferred
- Knowledge on Akamai load balancer will be an added advantage
- Experience in working in an international team
- Experience on an SLA oriented ticketing tool
- Strong Problem solving skills and ability to troubleshoot complex firewall issues.
- Adaptability, ability to learn faster, independent, responsible and diligent.
- Good team spirit and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills and analytical skills
- Achieves performance goals and objectives in line with the team strategy.
To prepare for this job, check out tons of free content here
Learn about our AntWak Experiential Program Cybersecurity here