Associate – Data Engineer | Mumbai / Gurgaon
About this role
About BlackRock and the Financial Modeling Group (FMG)
BlackRock is a global investment management corporation based in New York City. Founded in 1988, BlackRock is the world’s largest asset manager, with over $7.4tn in assets under management as of Q4 2019. BlackRock operates globally with 70 offices in 30 countries and clients in over 100 countries around the world.
FMG is a diverse and global team with a keen interest and expertise in all things related to technology and financial analytics. The group is responsible for the research and development of quantitative financial models and tools across many different areas – single-security pricing, prepayment models, risk, return attribution, optimization and portfolio construction, scenario analysis and simulations, etc. – and covering all asset classes. The group is also responsible for the technology platform that delivers those models to our internal partners and external clients, and their integration with Aladdin. FMG conducts leading research on the areas above, delivering state-of-the-art models. FMG publishes applied scientific research frequently, and our members present regularly at leading industry conferences. FMG engages constantly with the sales team in client visits and meetings.
Job Purpose/ Background
FMG is looking for self-starter date engineer to contribute on the research data platform. The data platform is compelling analytics offering, supported by high quality historical data. This encompasses both individual security as well as index constituent levels and portfolio context. This historical data includes indicative information, prices, analytics, exposures, index-related and other fields. This data is fully quality-controlled and can be integrated with client custom data. This data set will be utilized by working with modelers for research and by clients for analytics. To design, implement and maintain this platform we would primarily need Scala and distributed computing knowledge using Hadoop and Spark along with knowledge for data curation and analytical jobs. Experience with DevOps will be handy as we move to cloud.
Key Role Responsibilities
Specifically, we expect the role to involve the following core responsibilities and would expect a successful candidate to be able to demonstrate the following (not in order of priority)
- Design, maintenance, and ownership of a Data Infrastructure
- Working with the subject matter experts and modelers to understand the business and its requirements. Help determine the optimal data set and structure to deliver on those user requirements
- Understanding the data and set up and monitor the QC/ Surveillance
- Implementation of and maintenance of a standard data/technology deployment workflow to ensure that all deliverables/enhancements are delivered in a disciplined and robust manner
- Experience on Scala
- Knowledge of ETL, data curation, and analytical jobs using distributed computing framework with Spark and Hadoop
- Knowledge and Experience in working with large enterprise-wide databases
- Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Pig, Cassandra, Spark
- Aptitude for design and building tools for data due diligence and data extraction pipeline
- Java /Python knowledge is a plus
- DevOps and Cloud experience is a plus
Qualifications For Data Engineer
- B.E. / B. Tech. / Masters in Computer Science or related field
- 3-8 years of programming experience and 2-5 years of relevant experience
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
BlackRock’s purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
Job requisition #
To prepare for this job, check out tons of free content here