Data Science Analyst
S&P Global Platts
The Role : Data Science Analyst
The Team: S&P Global Platts is seeking for a strong member within our India Analytics team to work closely with our energy market data analysts, Data Scientists, Business Intelligence, and IT teams to implement automated workflows; also execute and support the legacy as well as the next generation advanced Data platforms. In this role you will look to play a key role in understanding data and its processes and to assist the design, development, implementation of new technological advancements aligning with the Platts Tech strategy.
The Impact: This role has a core impact to our data science and modelling team in adding value to our data through data quality and enhancements. In this role you will gain a strong understanding of various commodities and Platts Analytics businesses to design and implement advanced strategic solutions and migrate the legacy processes into new technologies that enable data governance, automation, data quality monitoring and maintenance.
What’s in it for you: Data is at the core of all our products and strategy, understanding the data from an analytical and technical point of view can open opportunities across the business. An individual who can excel at this role will be known throughout numerous leadership teams – allowing for many opportunities of growth within the first couple of years.
The Business: Reporting to Head of India Analytics and collaborate closely with wider data science and modelling group, content, IT teams and various stake holders. They work great at moving forward with the group’s mission and goals. A new member of this team will hit the ground running and collaborate with his/her team members immediately.
What We’re Looking For: We are looking for a process orientated, methodological thinker with a keen eye for detail, who has proven experience working and leading structured workflows leveraging Data science technical skills. This role would be ideal for someone proactive and eager to learn about various commodity markets, deal with large sets of data and be able to transform it to the Analytical needs of the organization leveraging advanced Data Science skills and capabilities.
• Conduct research and prototyping innovations; data and requirements gathering; solution scoping on Platts advanced analytics platforms
• Ability to understand a problem statement and implement analytical solutions & techniques independently being proactive and thought leadership aligning with the Data Science and Modelling team strategy.
• To be able to conceptualize, design, and deliver high-quality solutions and insightful analysis.
• To work closely with various stakeholders and key technology partners to understand data, collect, clean, transform, validate, and visualize datasets ensuring integrity of our Analytics content and data flows.
• To be able find, investigate, resolve, and report issues to the internal and external users.
• To leverage technology and integrate new transformed datasets into the Analytics data pipeline architecture
• To manage and standardize workflows aligning with the strategic initiatives.
• Maintain and modify analytical workflows and visualize datasets
• To be able to execute with discipline and deliver appropriate documentation
• To identify and manage dependencies and risks across various analytics datasets, products, and applications.
• To collaborate and coordinate with Analytics Data, content, Engineering, and modelling teams and establish operational assistance to provide analytical support of various commodity datasets
• Maintain new and existing data change/ transformation request backlog to ensure all requests are tracked and completed.
• Prioritise backlog and ensure our datasets are accurate and up to date.
• To be able to understand market data and apply business metadata to new and existing pipeline data flows and help us deliver market relevant analytics content to internal users, external users and products.
• Fast learner: ability to learn and pick up a new tool/ platform quickly.
• University degree in Science, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Technology, Statistics or equivalent
• Proven experience with Data automation using analytical skills
• Experience of working on end-to-end data science pipeline: problem scoping, data gathering, transformation, Exploratory data analysis (eda), extracting insights, visualizations, monitoring and maintenance.
• Ability to retrieve, interrogate, manipulate, and analyse data and presenting findings
• Ability to create efficient solutions to complex problems.
• Strong knowledge and experience working with databases (MS SQL Server, PostgresSQL)
• Expert level proficiency in at least three of Python, Spark, MATLAB and AWS are essential.
• Excellent communications and strong presentation skills to the wider audience is essential
• Experience of working and leading processes in agile work streams driving data quality and improvements, experience of Visual Studio (VSTS) desirable but not essential
• Experience of working and collaborating with onsite data teams is essential
• Strong communication skills over email, instant chat or face-to-face conversations and experience of building constructive working relationships are essential
• A Strong track record and demonstrable interest in analysing data.
• Knowledge/ interest of various commodity markets desirable but not essential.
• Problem-solving: Ability to break the problem into small parts and applying relevant techniques to drive required outcomes.
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of machine learning, probability theory, statistics, algorithms, NLP and Deep Learning. If you know few of them you are good to go.
• Experience working with Tableau is preferable.
• Proven working experience in Unified analytics platforms like Databricks is beneficial.
About S&P Global Platts:
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.20 – Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), ANLYTC202.1 – Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group)
Job ID: 260424
Posted On: 2021-04-12
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
To prepare for this job, check out tons of free content here
Learn about our AntWak Experiential Program Data Engineering here