Thomas J. Watson said it best: “Good design is good business.” Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
Your Role and ResponsibilitiesIBM has a long-standing commitment to diversity and inclusion, recognizing the unique value and skills every individual brings to the workplace. Here, you’ll get a chance to be in a diverse global team where being yourself and supporting others is part of everyday lives.
We at IBM believe that innovation comes from seeking out and inspiring collaboration in all dimensions. Consciously building inclusive teams and encouraging diversity of ideas helps us make the greatest impact for our clients, our colleagues, and the world.IBM impacts everything, everywhere. We change lives, businesses and nations, every day in every industry in every country in the world. We differentiate ourselves from our competitors by offering you to join not only a big company, but also a bigger cause.A Visual Designer for Learning selects, designs, and implements media technologies for IBM learning initiatives.
Will work closely with initiative leaders, instructional designers, media directors, solution developers, stakeholders, and other professionals to determine how media can support learning objectives.
Innovate by bringing new or less familiar media to the attention of others, by using core learning system capabilities in creative ways, and by efficiently deploying learning initiatives within the IBM IT environment.
The successful candidate will be hands on in visual design, capable of working with User Experience designers, Design Researchers and Developers to ensure the visual look-and-feel enhances the overall user experience of our products.
Pixel perfect precision and demonstrated skills in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, and other design software are a must.
You possess- Excellent creative, conceptual, and problem solving skills.
- Traditional e-Learning (learning management systems, virtual classrooms, web portals),
- Media creation (Flash, audio & video creation, embedding streaming media, simulations, web design)
- Tool creation, emerging technologies (such as wikis, blogs, podcasts, RSS, Web 2.0)
- Media consulting.
- Education Development Professionals with the following skills:
- Project Management
- Instructional Design
- Visual Design / UX Design
- UI Development
- QA / Testing
Required Technical and Professional ExpertiseMust Have-Visual Design – Skills
- Graphic Design-Typography, Color, Images, Space
- Visual Design-UX, UI, Web Design
- Identity Design, Branding
- Wireframing – Axure
- Graphics, Mockups – Adobe Photoshop
- Media: Audio – Audacity, Adobe Audition
- Media: Videos – Camtasia
- Presentations: PowerPoint, Keynote
- Whiteboard Animations: VideoScribe
- Cross-Browser development
- Mobile and Responsive Design
- Accessibility compliance development
- Mobile compliance development
- Illustrations/vector graphics – Adobe .psd, .ai
Visual Design – Tools, Platforms
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Apple Keynote
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Visual Design – Skills
- Animations, Video – After Effects
- Illustrations – Adobe Illustrator
To prepare for this job, check out tons of free content here
Learn about our AntWak Experiential Program UX Design here