ASSOCIATE UX SPECIALIST
Job ID 00000230249Date posted 04/11/2021Location Bengaluru, KarnatakaCompany
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing ecommerce team is currently looking for two Associate User Experience (UX) Designers to join their team in Bangalore, India. These positions will focus on supporting the Boeing Global Services (BGS) IT organization. The selected individual will work in the Boeing India Engineering and Technology Center (BIETC) in Bangalore, India. As an Associate UX designer, the selected individual will work with the Boeing India teams and its partners and stakeholders to develop, maintain and improve the ecommerce applications.
- The selected candidate for this position will work on development and support of Boeing Global Service (BGS) ecommerce applications that are used to offer various parts, products and services to Business Regional & General Aviation (BRGA) as well as Commercial Airline (CA) customers across the world. This position involves working closely with other development / support teams in India, US and other locations. The selected individual will be a part of the engineering and technology team in Boeing India.
- As a UX designer, the selected individual will partner with project teams to perform user-centered design activities that actively involve users throughout all phases of a project to ensure product usability.
- Guides product decisions by conducting user research such as interviews and facilitating iterative feedback loops. Defines user requirements, user flows, and usability goals.
- Creates user interaction design alternatives, and conveys designs by building prototypes and style guides.
- Conducts iterative usability tests to evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of the designs.
- Diagnoses and prioritizes usability issues and refines designs or recommends changes.
- The selected individual would need to work in close cooperation and actively aligns with the technical roadmap, interaction design, development and testing with similar teams based in USA or other regions
- Create and maintain necessary documentation
- Keep track and actively reduce technical debts (hardening the software) while working with other developers / leads / architects / SM / PO / etc.
- Experience of working in Agile teams while following the Agile & SAFe practices on software craftsmanship such as test-driven development & pair programming / peer reviews
- The selected individual would provide mentorship to junior resources and would be responsible to provide support to development of internal competency and resources for critical skill sets and be a sought-after expert that other developers can benefit from
- This position will support initiatives of Boeing India organization related to engineering excellence, employee development, mentoring, customer engagement, etc.
- The selected individual will research & provide recommendations on new technologies / trends, best practices to improve the product development activities
- This position would require the selected candidates to learn and work on new as well as multiple tools / skills / roles
- Effort distribution – development (50%), maintenance (50%). However, this can change in future
- Travel domestically and internationally as required
- Selected candidates might have to work in shift hours (morning, general or night).
Basic Qualification (Required Skills / Experience)
- A minimum of 4+ years of experience in UX design with an emphasis in ecommerce
- Specialty in visual and interaction design
- Understanding in user-centered design (wireframes, visual design specifications, prototypes, style guides)
- Understanding of HTML and other UI technologies that will enable in providing detailed specifications for our developers and engineers to work from
- Experience in using user behavior analytics data to improve user experience
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Proficiency with Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud, InVision.
- Experience meeting with end-users/customers to determine software use cases and requirements.
- Experience performing user research, user interface design activities and usability evaluations for a software application or systems.
- Experience with responsive and mobile design.
- Good to have (Flinto, Pixate, Framer, Axure, Principle)
- Good to have Aviation Domain knowledge or relevant Design work Experience and passionate about Aerospace Domain.
- Knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology, particularly as applied to web-based ecommerce applications, mobile apps, and iPad apps.
- A solid competency in storytelling. You are comfortable explaining your ideas to client stakeholders and to ideate the best means to present your conceptual work
- An innate capacity for creating engaging, highly usable designs and layouts.
- Ability to communicate design rationale to senior designers, stakeholders and continuously advocate for the end-user.
- Strong prototyping skills.
- Responsibly and effectively advocate for the customer in a corporate environment; fostering a shared understanding of the customer-centric intersection between design, content, business and marketing values.
- Give design session within the team. Constantly upgrade knowledge and knowhow by following happenings in the industry.
- Time to time document entire design process of projects he has directly worked on, or projects executed by other team members. Share the case study of each project
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree in science, technology, applied mathematics or engineering is required and Master’s degree would be preferred.
- Minimum of 6 – 8 years of experience with 4+ years of relevant experience in UX design with an emphasis in ecommerce
- Candidates with relevant certification in UI / UX skillset would be preferred
- Candidates with Aviation related application development background would be preferred.
- Candidates with experience in SAFe Agile methodologies would be preferred
This position offers relocation.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
To prepare for this job, check out tons of free content here
Learn about our AntWak Experiential Program UX Design here