Gurugram, Haryana, India
As a UX Designer, you will be a part of the Global Product & User Experience Design team
that is building the next generation of best-in-class mobile and web experiences for OLX markets
across the globe. You will work closely with key stakeholders in the organization to design
delightful features & user experiences and improve the existing buy and sell experience for
millions of global users on OLX. We’re a team of 5,000 ambitious, curious people
building marketplace platforms that make it super easy for anyone to buy and sell
almost anything, boosting local economies.
What you will be doing:
- Build a strong understanding of users – Partner with UX researcher to facilitate, and analyze
user research to build a strong understanding of users. Conduct usability studies and put
together detailed, structured analysis of issues and potential solutions. Plan, facilitate and
lead collaborative design sessions (including sketching and ideation) to generate ideas or
feedback both remote and in-person. Help define product requirements by collaborative
brainstorming and high-level prototyping with cross-functional teams.
- Deliver great user experiences – Create user-centric designs by considering customer
feedback and usability findings. Design across multiple form factors including web, iOS and
Android. Design detailed wireframes with clear user journeys, information architecture,
interaction flow and interaction model, user flows / process flows. Design low and hi- fidelity
mockups to effectively conceptualize and communicate high-level design strategies and
detailed interaction behaviours. Produce deliverables including presentations, graphic
designs, wireframes, interactive prototypes, usability reports, design specs, etc.
- Communicate and influence design decisions – Communicate and present design work to the
user experience team, product team and senior leadership for review and feedback and to
drive decisions and get commitment on final UX deliverables. Effectively sell design solutions
to cross-functional teams and stakeholders through design storytelling and by
demonstrating trace-ability in the design thinking. Work with visual designers and
engineering teams to ensure integrity of user experience in final product.
- Design Management – Apply your UX knowledge and experience to the development of
design processes and philosophy. Create and maintain design schedules. Communicate
status and agreements with partner teams. Regularly learn and stay up-to-date on design
theory, practice and tools. Apply as necessary into the organization. Mentor junior designers
to support their development and continuous progress.
Who we are looking for ?
- Excellent problem solving and design skills – ability to understand and interpret user
problems within the context of the product / business – and distil findings into actionable
design recommendations and solutions.
- Strong communication & presentation skills (written, oral and visual). Ability to confidently work with cross-functional teams across the globe and to present information to all levels of the organization.
- Intellectual curiosity – initiative to dig into the who, why, where, what & how. Curiosity
about people, their behaviour and how they interact with mobile / digital products.
- 2 to 5 years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer,
information architect, or similar UX-related role working on consumer mobile products
with at least a Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI) or a related
field. Preferably a Masters degree in design. Advanced knowledge of software tools &
applications for conducting usability testing, creating prototypes and hi fidelity designs
and delivering impactful presentations.
- Experience in designing consumer-facing Mobile apps, both for Android and iOS,
Knowledge of best practices for information architecture and interaction design, user-
centered design process, as well as user experience principles and techniques.
To prepare for this job, check out tons of free content here
Learn about our AntWak Experiential Program UX Design here