At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As Security Vulnerability Management Consultant, you will be part of X-Force Red Offensive Security, IBM’s elite security testing team. The primary duty is conducting vulnerability management activities for clients’ vulnerability management needs.
Come join our team of IBM experts, who are leaders with vision, distinguished engineers and IT architects who have worked with thousands of clients to transform enterprise IT, migrate to cloud, apply automation, and ensure business continuity. We help client run their IT better, accelerate innovation and deliver unmatched performance with the power automation.
If you thrive in a dynamic, reciprocal workplace, IBM provides an environment to explore new opportunities every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there’s no limit to what you can accomplish here.
- Responsible for security researcher to provide insight and understanding of new and existing information security threats
- Assisting in the sales process with potential or existing clients and acting as a client’s primary technical contact for vulnerability management projects delivered by X-Force Red Offensive Security.
- Rapidly interact to on-demand requests with minimal assistance.
- There is a potential for 25% travel, including international travel. Travel depends on project requirements.
- Comfortable working in a project based / client serving model
- Ability to lead and shape client expectations
- Help drive pursuits and engage in complex deals, matching outcomes to expectations
- Ability to work easily with diverse and dynamic teams
- Ability to work in a matrix management model
- Preference for candidates with Secondary language skills
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience managing one or more of the following: Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM)
- Programming experience in one or more of the following: Java, .Net, Python, or Ruby
- Experience coordinating vulnerability management
- CISSP, OSCP, or other technical certifications
- Hands-on experience in security aspects of compliance standards (ISO 27001, SSAE 16, COBIT, PCI, SOX, HIPAA, GLBA, etc.)
- Experience editing documents for grammar, clarity, and technical accuracy
- Expertise in threat modelling and Use case development and ability to review policies of security monitoring tools based on security concepts and logical approach
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Preferably CISSP, OSCP, or other technical certifications
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
- Certification: CEH ,CISSP, OSCP etc.
To prepare for this job, check out tons of free content here
Learn about our AntWak Experiential Program Cybersecurity here